It was a sweet experience to witness Camden getting to meet Paxton in his first night at the IMC NICU and Mackay getting to meet him at the PCMC NICU two days later...how grateful we are they let 2 year olds in!
Camden is a very concerned and PROTECTIVE brother. He is very worried about Paxton and whispers in his presence, holds his hand to his lips like he does when he is nervous, and asks lots of questions about him. Some of them have been: "Why does he have so many ouwies?" "What are they doing to him? What are they doing to my brother?" (He likes to ask questions twice.) "Why are there so many Paxtons in here?" and "What is that black thing in his tummy? I don't like it. Tell them to take it out and stop hurting his button."
This is Camden telling the nurse to stop hurting him with the black thing in his tummy.
True to form, Mackay is the HELPER in our house. He was a little less quiet and aware, but he loves babies and was happy to help him put his socks on. :) Sure makes Mackay look big (finally)!
Today Camden woke up and said, "Mom, I want to go see Paxton." I said, "You do? "Okay let's go ask Daddy." "I want to go see him right now." "Oh, bud, it takes a little while to get there." ""Well that's okay, Mom." (well yes, it is! so cute!)
"Can I wear my Buzz costume when we go there?"
It was just so cute, that he thought of him all on his own and wanted to go make him happy. It made my morning. These brothers have a special bond, these three musketeers, All My Sons, the Norton team. Chering for our little champ..."Gooooo Paxton!!!"
(By the way, videos are not uploading. Anyone have any tips on how to export them for web or a good 3rd party link they use to import photos? The videos we have really tell the story.)
7 comments:
Oh Shannon, I just read thru the entire blog. You had me in tears and I'm not even pregnant to blame it on! :) Paxton is indeed such a beautiful baby. You and your entire family will be in my prayers.
And on a vain, side note... You look beautiful too! Not sure how you come off looking so awesome right after childbirth! :) Hang in there!
Arian
your boys are so big! and adorable! hope you're doing well... our family is praying for you, even my three yr old will peek up and whisper, "what is that baby's name?" i think she's got it down now. loves to you and your cute family!
what an amazing little family you have!!! He is such a beautiful little baby. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and love with all of us. We will be praying for Paxton and your family.
Herifords
I love it. I am so glad they let the boys in. We were not allowed to let KK visit our little champ. I think it makes a big difference when they can meet their little brother. THanks for keeping us updated. Love ya.
Very nice song selections for Paxton's Blog. He is a fighter. My pray is that he will get to come home soon!!!
Shan,
Seriously, I can hardly stand to read through all of this. I am horrible at keeping in touch and I am just finding out that Paxton is here and everything that you have gone through. Bless you and Dave and you cute boys. Paxton is beautiful and our little family is praying for all of you. Paxton could not have been born to any greater parents than you and Dave. You will take care of him physically, emotionally and spiritually and that is why he came to you. You are so strong! I love you guys. Tell Dave hello and that we are thinking of you. 3 boys....I know how you feel:) What a blessing.
Shan, just catching up on your blog. I am so glad you are updating here! I know how much time it takes so THANK YOU THANK YOU for doing it with everything that is going on. We love you! And LOVE the pictures!
Post a Comment