Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to my little Mackay!


Mackay turned 1 at the beach in Califormnia! I don't think he could have been happier (or us either for that matter).  All he wanted all day were two things: balloons, and practicing walking. This moment just about sums it up as he's going to stand.  Yes, I won the bet - Mackay walked the day BEFORE his birthday! 11 steps. We were pretty proud and happy.  He's pretty much cruising now, with occasional kabumps on the bottom.  I just want to share some of my favorite things I love about him right now. 

His funny, gut-belly laugh.
How he imitates every action we do and cracks us up.
How he's so tough and already likes to tackle.
How his smile lights up when he sees us or walks to us.
How he claps for himself when he stands up and walks.
He's very smart, figuring things out EARLY!
My chunky, monkey loves-to-eat boy.
Wants all big-kid toys.
Loves his brother, wants to be everywhere with him.
Loves water, grapes, sippy cups, and getting around on his own.

I love you my little Mackay! Happy sweet birthday, big boy!


4 comments:

Katie said...

Who took the picture for you? Or did you set it up and have someone click? It;s super cute. Maybe I'll have to do a version of it for Cole's first birthday, sans beach of course!

Nicole said...

That shot turned out great! We are so glad we got to celebrate with Mackay and spend the week with you all in California. He is a cutie!

Ashley C. said...

What a darling darling picture of the cutest family around. Shannie you are just so dang cute! I miss you guys. Hope a hang out is in order soon. Love you.

Happy Birthday Mackay!

The Dunyons said...

hi gal! you guys are a model family! your all so beautiful. i cant beleive MacKay is already one. last time i saw him was at rickys homecoming! i miss you guys so bad. keep in touch! love you!