Mackay already looks so different!! Newborns change so fast. I think he is going to be my little REDHEAD. Only one other person has agreed with me, but she is a mom of a redhead so that might be saying something! I think he has fairer skin, too. It has been fun to take pictures of Mackay and Camden together, even though there are so many more I want to do! All my ideas...where is the time? And Mackay doesn't quite have the patience for photos that little Camden had. (You all are thinking-good, serves you right. :) Mackay is still just a little fussy, learning how to use all of his body, and just wants to be held by his Mommy. I am so grateful I get to hold him all I want though. (As much as Camden lets me, that is.) Speaking of, Camden has been so great with "Baby." It is all he wants to do - hug, kiss, hold, give him his binky, wake him up, help change his diapers, etc. It is pretty endearing, but I realize I have to be watching Camden around him 100% of the time...he is still learning to be SOFT! Go figure, a two year old boy not completely grasping that concept yet. :)
Luckily for me, Camden has begun to be entertained by himself so much better. He'll play outside or with his toys for a minute, or even watch a show now!! His favorite is "Cars" and it gives me some time when I need it. Thankful!! He is missing his Daddy though and I decided tomorrow I will take a tally of how many times he says "Daddy" or "work" with a moan in his voice because he misses his best friend.
All in all, we are doing pretty well. I did forget how hard the newborn stage is. So many factors go into that one, but once again, counting my blessings for their health helps to keep things in perspective. Our hearts and prayers are going out to Mackay's cousin, Carson, right now. We love him and hope he keeps getting better everyday.
9 comments:
Red.... cant wait to see him!! Parker actually went through a red stage and now is blond. So he could have everchanging colored hair like Parks.
We love you and are so excited for you guys. I will call you again.
Hey Shan! I can't wait to meet this little one!! let me know when you are accepting visitors. I would love to come over and see you guys! I mean i do live right across the street! Love you and am glad to hear all is well!
Hey Shannon-
I love your posts! They are fun to read. I loved spending the afternoon with you the other day. It was so quite and peaceful. I am sure I way over stayed my welcome...sorry about that. MacKay is beautiful and is so blessed to have you as his Momma!
Love,
Mindy
I was thinking he was looking a little more Dave than Shan. How cute that little redhead is!
He's here...and he's so CUTE! I'm so happy for you both. Two boys, how exciting and how busy. It was fun to chat with you. Keep me posted on the updates of your life.
Lisanne
Has he changed that much all ready? I need to get up there soon to see him again. I'm impressed that you have been able to keep up on your blog with your hands full. You are amazing!
Shan yeah! I came across your blog. Oh Mackay is beautiful. How exciting. You need to come let Kamden play with Jade. If he loves the movie cars, Jaden will have him covered. I am so happy for you guys. You will love it more and more each day as you see your two boys become best of friends. It's been so fun for us to see the interaction between Easton and Jaden. Congratulations Shan. Talk to you soon. Love your blog.
This is so fun having a blog! Thanks for your cute comments, girls. I love having another way to stay in touch. I am so blessed to have such good friends. :)
red! so cute! congrats! hope you are doing well. two is an adjustment for sure!
Post a Comment